recomended method of changing plugin settings

Developer
Nov 17, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I am wondering what is the recomended method of chaning settings for the plugins?

I have changed the SlideViewerProSettings to not show the text setting type: false. However currently to do this we need to make changes to the source. Is there another method to changing the setting that does not require editng the source. Ideally a method that is specific to plugin instance would be idea.

Cheers Chris

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM

I'm planning to make a settings area in for version 2.0. Meanwhile, I think the easiest way is to make a alternate view of SlideViewerPro.cshtml, calling the SlideViewerPro function directly and passing the desired arguments.

Makes sense for you?

Gabriel

Developer
Nov 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Yep, will have a look over the weekend and let you know how I go.

What are your thoughts re settings in V2.0?

I was thinking we could allow overriding the string that the settings class returns. This would work well for the two of the viewers - I don't have the source locally so forget the names - but there is one that is more dynamic and would require some tokenisation. This would mean adding one settings not a property for each setting available.

Happy to help with the code.

Chris

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2011 at 11:31 AM

I haven't designed it yet but I'm thinking of using the new Forms API for generating a dynamic form for the plugin configuration. So each plugin could declare it's own settings and have this form generated.

Thanks!

Gabriel