Module in Orchard 1.7

Aug 4, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Edited Aug 4, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Hi,
after installing the module I cannot find the "Image Gallery menu" which is spoken in the documentation.
Perhaps because the module is grayed out in the modules section? I can't see the enable button there.

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:58 AM
I get exactly the same issue, the package installs, but there is no enable / disable link
Aug 16, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I have had exactly the same issue. In my case on the Features list the Image Gallery shows a missing dependency Orchard.Media. I posted this on StackOverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18262609/orchard-imagegallery-module-missing-orchard-media and it appears that this is because in version 1.7 Orchard.Media is no-longer the default media module. I have not tracked down what is yet, but it may be that this module needs to be updated for 1.7.
Sep 4, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Exact same problem here... Is it a compatibility issue with 1.7?

I'm new to orchard and it seems that almost every module I tried is not working correctly :-/
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Hi folks. Image Gallery depends on Media module that was made obsolete in 1.7. If you enable the module, I think Image Gallery should work.

I have plans to write a new Image Gallery version that leverages the new modules but since I don't work with Orchard on a daily basis this might take a while.
Sep 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM
How can you re-enable it?

Through the Orchard Admin Modules section?
Developer
Sep 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Orchard.Media is not listed under Modules sections anymore. What you will need to do is to create NuGet package out of Orchard.Media project by yourself and then install it on your CMS.
Not quite sure what will be the result (may be there are some conflicting functionality) but it should work.
Sep 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM
There is an easiest way usarskyy.

You open the Orchard project in Visual Studio, recompile the Orchard.Media inside the Deprecated Modules folder and then you just copy the project to you Orchard cms Modules Folder and that's it.
Developer
Sep 27, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Hi, fcu423!

That's actually what I meant by saying "create NuGet package out of Orchard.Media project by yourself" :) But it's good you mentioned that otherwise people might go with "package create".
Coordinator
Oct 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Hey guys. Please download the latest module version and let me know if you have any problem with it.

Thanks!

Gabriel
Dec 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I was installting it on 1.7.2
Klicking on "imagw Galleries" in the admin pane servers this error message:
Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'long' does not contain a definition for 'ToFriendlySizeString' and no extension method 'ToFriendlySizeString' accepting a first argument of type 'long' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 33: </td>
Line 34: <td>
Line 35: @imageGallery.Size.ToFriendlySizeString() Line 36: </td>
Line 37: </tr>

Any ideas?
Dec 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Hello

I have the same problem as Levasoft, with Orchard 1.7.0.

Thanks for a solution.