This project is read-only.

Display Image Gallery in Custom Template

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM

What property / method can I use to render the html of the Image Gallery on my custom template?  I'm looking for something similar to a "Value" property, which would output the html of the gallery, so I could wrap that in an Html.Raw helper to display the Gallery.

I have my image gallery as a content part, and I'm trying to display it on a Content.Detail.cshtml page.

@Display(Model.ContentItem.ResortInfo.ContentItem.TitlePart.Title)

@Html.Raw(Model.ContentItem.ResortInfo.ContentItem.BodyPart.Text)

@Html.Raw(Model.ContentItem.ResortInfo.ContentItem.ImageGalleryPart.WhatDoIPutHere)

Thanks for this awesome plugin by the way!

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Hi joshnoe,

I'm looking for a solutions as well. Did you find one?

Regards

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Hi Jazpur.  Unfortunately, no.  I've found Orchard to be pretty unwieldy and complex.  The fact that simple problems like this go unanswered is a good example of why it never really took off IMO.  If you already know a solid, more "baked" framework (like MVC), and you're not too invested in Orchard already, you might want to consider backing out before it's too late.  Just my opinion.

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Hi guys,

I'm really sorry to leave you without an answer. Orchard is a great framework IMO but I never really made any commercial work with it. I made this module for the Orchard Module Contest but since then I didn't invest much time in it since I didn't get any "real" projects to apply it.

I don't have a solution on the top of my head, mea culpa, but I encourage you to take a look at the source code and try to find a way to make it work in the way you want. This module was done when very few Orchard documentation was available and my knowledge on it was far from ideal. I'm sure that with some basic Orchard knowledge you can customize the module and hopefully make it better for the community.

If you want a more lightweight approach to make a image gallery, I recommend looking for a Zen Gallery from Le Roy (he is the Orchard master!). It doesn't have a gallery management but it keeps the job simple to implement a jquery image gallery.

Best regards,

Gabriel Mello

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Thank you both for your response. I solved my issue using placement.info and dropped the custom template. The result was close enough to what I wanted to achieve.

It looks that it could also be done with custom template and without placement.info. I haven't had time to look into this.

http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2011/07/31/so-you-don-t-want-to-use-placement-info.aspx 

Regards,

Jasper